Re: pcmcia

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 13:56, Curt Howland wrote:
> I didn't say Sarge, I said Testing. He said Testing. Once Sarge is
> branched off, Testing will become completely unreliable and remain so
> for an unpredictable period.
>
> Unstable has the latest kernels, which I took from his note to be a
> prerequisite. It also works quite well. It's "unstable" aspect merely
> means that updates aught to be done carefully and manually. If it
> doesn't work well for you, such is life.

That's completely backwards.  First, Testing IS Sarge, and is going to be so
for the foreseeable future.  Second, once Sarge goes stable, Testing will
still be a good deal more stable than Unstable/Sid.  Sid is routinely broken,
nothing is supposed to reach Testing until the problems are worked out of
Sid.  I agree Sid works quite well.  But it's a darn sight chancier than
Testing.

--
derek