RE: Need advice: share email linux&xp

-----Original Message-----
From: Rony [mailto:rony_ml@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2004 9:03 AM
To: Gustavo Halperin
Subject: RE: Need advice: share email linux&xp

>Hi,

>Thx for the reply. Have 2 questions:

>> I recommend to use fat32, just more secure write there from linux
>> (but maybe ntfs is also OK).

>Do you know how to make linux write to ntfs?
You can configure it in your kernel (I use this configuration in my
kernel 2.6.7), there is also
a Free Open Project (try search it in the net) that do it and they tell
that is 100% secure.

>> The Second Method is a little more complicate, I similar but now with

>> the mail folder account. For this method maybe you will need also
>> modify the java update file...

>What has it got to do with java?
I afraid about this question, I don't remember the exactly name of the
Java file. The place is under your
Thunderbird directory, in Linux maybe is '.thunderbird' or '.mozilla' in
your root. Looking for the for some
ASCII file that look like init all your preferences. You can define some
unique name in your preferences
And after it loking for for the file that contain this name with:
	root>   find <thunderbird-local-root> -type f | xargs grep
<your-unique-name>

>Okay thx, think i'll try to make a FAT32 partition for that. Strange,
lilo once make my FAT32 partition dissapear from
> window, and i never get the partition back. Tried to return it using
windows disk management util or qtparted, none works.
Mmmm, I don't think that lilo can do it some thing like this.
Try run 'fs' and check if the partition is there, If from windows you
see it you must also see it from Linux. After
run 'fs', just add it to lilo, run it and that is all.

- Rony -

Gustavo Halperin
Amdocs R&D Division
ABP - Pricing Engine