Re: Mail on laptop

On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 20:26, Koen Vermeer wrote:
> How do I setup my mailsystem such that all mail to local users
> (including root) is sent to my emailaddress?

Just so other users might find not only my answer but also the solution
when they search in Google or something:

I chose to install postfix, since none of the simple MTA's support
aliases. (I also tried exim, but I didn't like the configuration.) In
/etc/aliases, I have the line 'root: koen', so all local mail for root
is forwarded to user koen (that's me). In my home directory, I have
.forward, which contains my normal email address.

Furthermore, postfix allows me to specify multiple smtp servers to
deliver the mail to, which is quite useful on a laptop since you often
need to use different smtp servers on different networks.

And, ofcourse, thanks to the list for the help!

Koen