Re: nx5000 laptop debian support

Mark,

The nx5000 can come with the Atheros wireless or Intel wireless.

SuSE used the madwifi driver for the atheros and the ipw2100
driver for the intel.  In either case, You will probably have
to build the module yourself.

Debian + madwifi info:
http://www.marlow.dk/site.php/tech/madwifi

The ipw2100 source already has a debian package.
I have the atheros wireless, but of course, I couldn't tell you
if it was a W500 or not.  The madwifi driver works quite well
(I've only tested the b/g portions).

Other details that I can remember:
Agere windmodem - smartlink_softmodem driver works.
Intel 810 sound - use snd_intel8x0 driver

I haven't tried Debian on the nx5000 since it was already working
under SuSE and it's just a perk for consulting on the SuSE project.

-T
--
Terry Loftin
LOSL, Hewlett Packard, Fort Collins, CO