Re: Touchpad functionality dissappeared for no apparent reason!

On September 28, 2004 08:47 am, Mattia Dongili wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 03:46:23PM -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> > Did you always have to do that?  I do. I can only attach my USB mouse (on
> > an Inspiron 2500 w/ 2.6.7) _after_  I get the Synaptics pad recognized.
> > I'm sure that's something to do with the ordering of the loading of
> > various modules, because I can get X to start up if I very carefully
> > remove all the modules, then modprobe psmouse, then start X, then connect
> > the USB mouse.
>
> I had the same problem and there are 2 possible causes:
> 1. Legacy USB support must be disabled in your bios
> 2. modules loading order, I have the following sequence in /etc/modules:
>       cpufreq_powersave
>       uhci-hcd
>       hid
>       agpgart
>       intel-agp
>       radeon
>       pcspkr
>       evdev
>       speedstep-ich
>       sonypi
>       psmouse
> thus psmouse is the last one. I didn't worry too much about hotplug, it
> will just complain about the modules already loaded

I have agpgart and intel-agp compiled in, don't use cpufreq, radeon, pcspkr,
speedstep or sonypi, so that leaves:

>       uhci-hcd
>       hid
>       evdev
>       psmouse

I was missing uhci-hcd in there.  Let's see if it helps.  Thanks.

As I mentioned somewhere in this thread, I actually have evdev & psmouse
compiled in now, too, so that might screw things up.  Next time I do a kernel
compile, I'll definitely leave evdev & psmouse out, as it didn't help at all.
--
derek