woody install, pcmcia panic

I'm trying to do a floppy + ftp install of woody on
a Dell Latitude LT...

I ran into some initial problems with getting the network
setup working (had to go to the virtual terminal and
do ifconfig/route by hand), but after that the install
goes smoothly.

When I reboot, however, the pcmcia setup causes a kernel panic.
I can disable /etc/rc?.d/*pcmcia, and then the system
boots ok, but of course then I don't have access to the
pccard ethernet card I need to connect to the network.

Since the pcmcia stuff works fine during the install, I think
there must be some way to get the right driver (?) off the
install floppies? But I don't know how...

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

- Rob