Re: Dell Inspiron 8600

hi
thanks for the help.

2. i have a problem with recording. I want to use GnomeMeeting for
example, but can't get the microphone to work. I am able to listen to
CD's and mp3's...don't exactly know how to fix this.

What about "rec" ? And try to see mixer settings for recording source.

i've played around a bit with the mixer settings with no luck. if for example i use recorder, it seems to record, but when i want to play back it gives the following message:

osscommon: unable to open /dev/dsp (in use?)