Re: double button/sleep ['securiQ.Watchdog': checked]

Hi,

laszlo.kupcsik@aofoundation.org wrote:
> If I press the suspend button on the keyboard, my computer suspends to
> disk nicely.
(...)
> The problem comes afterwards: I turn it on, comes up nicely, then
> hibernates again. Now I turn it on for the second time, comes up nicely,
> and ta-da: Its running. I understand that she is sleepy, but if I tell her
> to wake up, she should do it for the first time :) Now I realized, that
> its not like this with the lid button. It works fine. I checked the
> var/log/acpid, and this is what I see, if I press the suspend button
> _once_:
(...)
> It is reported twice, while button/lid or button/power is only once.
>
> I use kernel 2.6.8.1-ac1, patched with the acpi-initrd patch. I had the
> same problem with earlier versions, starting from 2.6.6 (_with_ the initrd
> patch)
>
> Ideas?

I had a similar problem with my Joybook, after suspend to RAM I need to press
the power button to awake. But after waking up acpid detects the pressed
power button and initiate the shutdown sequence :-(

My solution is to stop acpid before suspend and restart it during the wake
up sequence.

Regards,
Andreas