Re: Debian on ThinkPad T41p: a report and a question

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 11:46:51PM +0200, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> Doesn't really sound like a laptop issue, what you're describing. Perhaps,
> you'd be better off at some openssh-mailinglist og debian-user?

You may be right . . . it may be not be a laptop issue per se,
although it *might* be some weird network driver interaction specific
to the laptop hardware.  After all, the problem doesn't occur on the
old Vaio laptop sitting next to the new one on the same table.

> However, I am impressed by your success. Congratulations.

Yes, me too.  It's usually not so easy. The new Debian installer
detected much of the hardware correctly and the ThinkPad is known to
be linux friendly.  However, my good luck was offset by spending lots
of time trying to understand this ssh thing.  After I got suspend and
hibernate working (one must RTFM carefully!), I tried APM thinking
that the problem might be some ACPI interrupt contention.  But it
wasn't.

Maybe another Debian person will have had a similar experience with
ssh on a laptop.  I've never seen this on a desktop.  But I will try
the openssh list though, too, good suggestion.

Thanks!

--M