intel pro wireless 2200: ndiswrapper/ipw2200

I own an acer travelmate 290lci. I'm quite satified with it (everything
works well except suspend/hibernate features and sensors).
this laptop is shipped with intel pro wireless 2200 adapter, which is
capable of both 802.11b and 802.11g transfer rates. At the time I bought
it there was no support for this chipset unless using ndiswrapper, so I
found a repository with ndiswrapper (module source and userspace tool)
and made it work really easily.
Now ipw2200 project seem to be more mature (version 0.6 was released
yesterday) and I'd like to switch to this module.
I'd like to hear from the one of you who already tested it if it's
mature and stable enough or if there are some hints to compile and
install it properly ('cause documentation is really poor at the
moment).

Thanks. Bye.
--
Leonardo Canducci