Re: Syncing Palm IIIx via USB-to-serial cable

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:48:59AM -0700, Peter Bonucci wrote:
> On Sunday 29 August 2004 7:12 pm, Anders Breindahl wrote:
> > Not being an expert at all, I have noticed something about Belkin
> > USB-to-serial converters in the kernel configuration:
> > > This can't be this hard, but I just can't figure it out.
> > >
> > > I've got a Palm IIIx running Palm OS 4.1 connected to the USB port
> > > on my laptop via a Belkin USB-to-serial cable and I'm trying to sync
> > > it under Linux.  (There are no serial ports on the laptop.)

My understanding is that the serial Palm cradles use a different
protocol for communication than the USB cradles. So what you are
trying to do may not work, because the programs are using the USB
protocol trying to communicate with the serial cradle.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
Tapio.Lehtonen@IKI.FI