Re: cpufreqd died

Mattia Dongili wrote:
On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 04:21:16PM +0200, Dirk Reiss wrote:

Mattia Dongili wrote:

[...]

could you reproduce this behaviour manually (eg: restarting syslogd
manually)?
You can eventually submit a bug against cpufreqd

bye

 >> [...]

well, you can try to launch cpufreqd with increasing verbosity and wait
for it to die. Be careful as verbosity=7 is really verbose :)

 > [...]

Hi Mattia,

I ran it now with verbosity=7 and all worked fine, right until now. I
browsed some logfiles to find a pattern, but unfortunately failed (the
only thing i noticed was that about half a minute afterwards, gconfd
started and terminated, other times this was no problem).
Last time it just ran fine for some hours, then it just stopped working :-(

Could it have something to do with the kernel (2.6.8 vanilla)?

Otherwise, i have no other ideas :-(

Btw: thanks for the app, as i just saw you are the author (well, at
least it did good work for months ;-) )

Thank you very much and let me know if you need more info.

Dirk