Re: Debian with a Netgear 802.11b card

Hello,

On Thursday 10 June 2004 18:23, Ariel Vitali wrote:
> Forgive the newbie nature of my post, but I am new to
> Linux. I am trying to get Debian woody with the bf24
> kernel to work with my Netgear MA401 PCMCIA card.
>
> I sucessfully installed it on my laptop, which is a
> Gateway Solo Pro 9300, which has a PIII 650, 288 MB of
> memory, and a 6 GB drive.
>
> Where could I find the proper driver for my card and
> how do I get it installed in Debian?

you will need the orinoco drivers, since the MA401 is a Prism-based card.
As an alternative you can use the hostap-drivers. IIRC there should be an
orinoco module in the bf24 kernel; use "modconf" and read the
documentation for pcmcia-cs. Maybe update to a newer 2.4.x kernel, e.g.
with apt-get, with at least revision 0.13e of the driver. 0.13e was the
first almost flawlessly working driver version for me...

Regards,
  Frank
--
 Frank Trenkamp                     frank at trenkamp dot org
 GPG fprt: FF9E 9A3A CACB D840 6866  8485 DCB1 98FA 7162 4D9C