Re: Re: problem with Xlib and KDE2 (woody)

Hi,

unfortunately, the X-Server is running .. I get the same error even
if I've already started KDE using "startx" as root/normal user oder
using GDM as login-manager ...

.. some applications won't work if I can't connect to the X-Server
using :0.0 ..

.. I checked following :

As normal user exec "xhost +localhost" and copy ".Xauthority" to
/root/.Xauthority. Now, su - and I'll be able to exec e.g. emacs as
root. Prior this I will get the same Xlib error as described..

-Alex

--
www.linux-vpn.de/lr101.php // LR101 Linux VPN Router