Re: Execute script on ACPI resume

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 00:09 -0500, dircha wrote:
> With APM I could execute a script on resume by placing a symlink to it
> in /etc/apm/resume.d/, /etc/rc*.d/ style.
>
> I can find no documentation on what events ACPI specifies. As best as I
> can tell, the only available method is to perform the ACPI action that
> would cause the intended event, and then read /var/log/acpid to
> determine the name to use in the /etc/acpi/ handler.
>
> I need to restart /etc/init.d/hotplug on resume from suspend-to-disk to
> pickup my USB mouse.
>
> However, executing a suspend-to-disk and subsequent resume leaves no
> messages in my /var/log/acpid.
>
> Has anyone else figured this out?
>
> Maybe we can find the string constants in the kernel source?

With ACPI you are still running the suspend script during the resume, so
there's only one script.

I find it useful to do a "sleep 1" after the actual suspend operation,
to ensure it's running _after_ the suspend.

Regards,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053,  Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/             PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)916-7201       MOB: +64(21)635-694      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
          Powering the .NZ namespace with Open Source Software