Re: [OT] List based subject line

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 08:19:59PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> >     :0 Wh: msgid.lock
> >     | formail -D 8192 $HOME/msgid.cache
> >
> I like your last remark! However, I don't grok your last two script
> lines. Care to elaborate on them a bit? I would guess, from man formail,
> that duplicate messages are deleted. Very nice. But how do they get
> delivered in your correct mailboxes? Can you give the complete rule?

You mean the two I left above?  That's right out of the procmailex man
page.  It's tries to deliver a message and if formail has seen the
message then it returns true and then proclmail assumes it's delivered.

If it's a new message then it returns false and processing continues.

New messages get past, duplicates don't.  Then you filter as normal.

CC on mailing lists is a touchy topic.  Try it on debian-user.  It's one
place where people seem to want to control what's sent instead of control what
they receive! ;)  I like doing them because when I answer someone's
question I like them to get it as soon as possible.

Luckily, mutt respects Mail-Followup-To: so those that really hate the
CCs don't get them from me.

Oh, back on topic -- kinda.  My SMC 2652W Access Point is starting to crap out!
What hardware should I replace it with?  I want good 2.6 kernel support
as I'm tired of rebuilding wlan_ng every time I upgrade my kernel.  I
just want something with range that I don't have to mess with much.

Any reason to throw in a PCI wireless card into one of my Debian boxes
and make that an AP -- other than for the "fun" of building an AP?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org