Re: PCMCIA WiFi cards?

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:12:10PM -0700, Aurelien ANTOINE wrote:
> for Atheros card,
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/madwifi/
> seems to work well.

I saw the page on the Atheros AR5004 claiming better range -- which is
my major complaint about wireless.

  http://www.atheros.com/pt/index.html

Anyone know how real those claims are?
Know any available products that use that chipset?
Is there a Linux driver for that card?

How does one decide on hardware?  All I want is good range and good
driver support.  Low power usage would be good, as my current card eats
my battery.  I'm on DSL, so 802.11b is really fine.  I'm not sure what
802.11g would do for me.

It's a bit overwhelming trying to keep up in the wireless world and all
the choices.

I currently have an SMC2652 AP and card, and an Aironet card.  The SMC
card's range is not that good and lacking many features.  The Aironet
card makes my SMC AP lock up.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org