Re: Installing woody bf24 on laptop -- system doesn't respond to keyboard

On Sun, 09 May 2004 18:05:40 -0500
Mike wrote:

> I'm trying to install Woody on a Compaq Presario
> 2199 US laptop.  I get the boot: prompt and
> enter bf24.  It goes through the hardware detection
> and gets to the language-selection screen, but at
> that point the system no longer responds to keyboard
> or mouse.
>
> If I say "vanilla" instead of "bf24" the keyboard
> works -- but then can I get the 2.4 kernel?

Yes you can. After you have installed the system, just apt-get the desired kernel image in place. The different kernels are just for the installer and the original kernel on the new system. What will actually run on the system when in production is completely up to your choice.

--

Yours truly:

Dr. Fred M'Bogo

Doctor of Witchcraft