Re: copy/paste

Hi,

* Dan Davison wrote (2004-02-23 19:58):
>I'm not sure whether this is a Debian question, but could someone tell me
>how to copy text out of a pine (email) session on a remote linux/unix
>computer (connected to via ssh) into e.g. an xemacs buffer or mozilla
>running under Debian on my laptop? ctrl-insert and shift-insert seem to do
>it in Pine, but shift-insert does not paste into e.g. xemacs text copied
>with ctrl-insert in pine.

Are these programs displaying on the same X server? If yes, you could
simply select the text with the left mouse button and paste it with
the middle mouse button.

This is called the Primary Selection. It takes some time getting used
to, but is much more convenient than the clipboard.

Thorsten
--
copy protection n. - A class of methods for preventing incompetent pirates from
stealing software and legitimate customers from using it. Considered silly.