Re: Network on bootup

Hi there,

thanks for the responses so far.

Somehow I still had no success with an automatically upcoming eth0.

I tried to edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts but that did not change anything.

When I removed 'auto eth0', the network did not come up at all, not even after I restarted the network with /etc/init.d/network.

Where exactly does this problem come from? Do other people also face this kind of uncomfortable situation?

TIA,
  Harry

--On Friday, February 13, 2004 02:18:03 PM -0500 Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:26:19PM +0100, Bjoern Schmidt wrote:
harry_b@mm.st wrote:
> My /etc/network/interfaces looks like this:
> auto lo
> iface lo inet loopback
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>               address 192.168.1.250
>               netmask 255.255.255.0
>               broadcast 192.168.1.255
>               gateway 192.168.1.1
>
> Any ideas out there how to get it boot up properly?

sure. edit /etc/pcmcia/network.opts to configure pcmcia-cards.

And remove the "auto eth0" line from /etc/network/interfaces.