Re: Strange Zip Attatchment

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:36:07PM +0100, François TOURDE wrote:
> > You can always put such files on your web site and put the URL in your emai=
> > l.
>
> Right, but sometimes people use offline mail, and all attachements are
> not invalid, and people don't have always a web site, and ... etc.
>
> I agree attachements are sometimes problems, but not always.

However, I have very, very, very seldom seen real
attachments used. Patches are almost never posted on this
list, logs are usually edited and posted inline with the
rest of the message. As a result, a vast majority of
attachments on this list are, indeed, nuisances. I reckon
no-one would notice if attachement were silently banned on
this list.

Y.