USB Adapter not for Cardbus but 16bit PCMCIA

Hello,

i searched google and ebay up and down, asked me through several irc
channels and crawled more than a dozen of selling platforms in the
internet but i couldn't find an USB PCMCIA Adapter for my old (i don't
think it's old) Laptop which has no 32bit Cardbus but only 16bit
PCMCIA.

So i ask you - did someone of you ever heard about an USB Adapter
which can be used with 16bit PCMCIA interface?

You're my last hope.

Greetings,
Marcel Meckel.

--