Re: Acer TM 803 and fan noise

On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 11:46:31AM +0100, Martin R?hricht wrote:
> this summer I bought an Acer Travelmate 803 LMiB with a 1,6GHz Pentium M
> processor. Unfortunately the fan runs every few minutes for about 30
> seconds with full speed which is a very noisy and annoying act. I can

I have an Acer TM 632. Same problem. I had someone take a look at the DSDT file
a while back and apparently the fan isn't controlled by ACPI, or something
like that. I don't recall what the exact problem was. But I do remember
fan + ACPI == not quite perfect. Ultimately my fan filled with cat fur and
various other gunk and had to be replaced. It's much quieter now, but it
still goes off on a fairly regular basis.

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin
[[ 416 417 2868 ][ www.xtrinsic.com ]]