Re: Toshiba T1910CS power problem

Bud writes:

> Elizabeth - Did replacing the batteries fix your start-up problem?
> I have an identical machine with a seemingly identical problem. I
> have measured the voltages on the batteries and they seem ok.  I
> also checked the SUB battery under load and it seems ok. My "big"
> battery is toast, but the machine worked before without it.  Ah, the
> vegaries of computers!!

No. Its probably a capacitor one of the main boards. I recently
purchased a very-good-condition T1910CS off of eBay for about $30
total (with shipping and handling) and moved the hard disk drive into
it. What is odd is that there is a bit of similarity with the fail
power-up and a working power-up - the working power-up seems to kick
in at the right moment and occasionally the working one fails to boot
in the same fashion as the non-working T1910CS; trying it again
immediately after works. :-/

Elizabeth