Re: NTFS mount in Debian Sarge Testing

On Sunday 12 December 2004 08:41 pm, Shreyas Ananthan wrote:
> "Shaikh Quader" <ssquader@msn.com> writes:
> > I am trying to mount an Windows XP ntfs partition under Debian Sarge
> > (kernel version  2.6.8-1-386) release. I couldn't find the ntfs driver
> > for debian at http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can find the ntfs driver for my system?
>
> If you just need to read from the NTFS partition, debian kernel does have a
> module for that. try
>
> modprobe ntfs
>
> and then mount the ntfs partition.
Or you can build your Kernel with the NTFS compiled in, and then you can just
mount ntfs easily

mount -t ntfs /dev/hda3 /ntfs  --> where hda3 is the NTFS partition, and /ntfs
is the directory you want it to be mounted at.

You can write to NTFS with newer kernels, but it is still in developement. You
have to compile the kernel with support for writing to NTFS though.

Good luck

Ben