Re: MIC's loud and Speaker screams when sound module loads. Why?

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 03:52 pm, p wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 03:43:59PM -0800, Ben Frank wrote:
> > >
> > > __deletia_

> > > __deletia__

> > > __deletia__
> > >
> > > //
> > >
> > > i'm not 100% sure--i'm trying to remember from
> > > a few years ago:
> > >
> > > 1.  apt-get install aumix
> > >
> > > 2.  "turn down the "mic" channel
> > >
> > > 3.  reboot
> >
> > Thanks, cannot wait to try it. The laptop is not with me now, but I
> > downloaded the package onto another Debian machine, and it sure looks
> > promising. I will get back with the results, and hopefuly it will help
> > others as well.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Bence
>
> //
>
> ...or the "spkr" channel may need to
> be turned down.  (i think one of the
> channels has to be turned down; i'm
> just not sure which one.)
>
> b.
>
> //

Hi

I am at home, so I did try it out. What I discovered is that the MIC was
already muted, but the speaker was around middle. So I muted it, and
rebooted. When the machine was coming up, and the module was loaded, the same
experience awaited me. Screaming sound. However this time, it became silent
when KDM loaded up. Before it only became silent when I logged in already.
And also, when I reran aumix the speaker volume was back to the previous
state, around middle position.

Thanks

Bence