Re: Alsa HP zv5000 ATI IXP150 AC'97

Derek Broughton wrote:

On Friday 26 November 2004 14:26, David Goodenough wrote:
On Friday 26 November 2004 17:20, Mateusz Milian wrote:
Greetz to All!

I've got a problem with my sound card. I've just install sarge on hp
zv5015ea, but there is no sound. When I try to calls xmms I get:
and visited www.alsa-project.org, and I found my devince, and install
howto. I proceed according to the install howto:

You're going about it the hard way. Did you try using alsaconf? This is Debian - you shouldn't have needed to compile anything.
Of course, I used alsaconf and:

Running update-modules...
Starting ALSA.../etc/init.d/alsa: Error: alsactl restore failed with message 'alsactl: load_state:1134: No soundcards found...'.
done.
Setting default volumes...
Saving the mixer setup used for this in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1061: No soundcards found...
Now ALSA is ready to use.
For adjustment of volumes, use your favorite mixer.

Have a lot of fun!

Very funny, but still no sound, I look for this error and I find a lot information, but I get bogged down in detail
That's the problem !