Re: AMILO 1420 fan makes lot of noise

Stephan Ohl schrieb:
Hi

I have installed debian sarge on my Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO 1420 notebook. The fan makes a lot of noise and I have no idea how to slow down speed or how to stop the fan. I am not even sure if it is possible at all. I loaded the ACPI modules, but there are no entries under /proc/acpi/fan and /proc/acpi/thermal_zone. Is there no support by my hardware for controlling this?

Any ideas?

What CPU do you have? The Amilos have quite different processors installed - almost impossible for a distribution kernel to match the right options.

modprobe cpuid

cat /proc/cpuinfo

and feel free to mail the output (should be just a few lines), if you're not sure what P4 flavour is meant. If you know what to then, try to load the right acpi/cpufreq modules, or to build a kernel who provides them.