Re: memory stick slot - Vaio PCG-frv35

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Curt Howland wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm running a Vaio with a memory stick myself. It shows up as a USB
> device in the KDE Infocenter. Make sure that the usb_storage kernel
> module is loaded, at least.
>
> I thought it would show up in dmesg, but I just inserted a memory
> stick and it didn't show up. However, I have it listed in
> my /etc/fstab as:
>
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/stick auto noauto,users,exec 0 0
>
> Try that and see what happens.

I've got a Vaio with a built-in memory stick slot; mine's a PCG-Z505HS. ON
that model, the slot shows up as an IDE device, and I have been unable to
get it to actually work (although I haven't tried with a 2.6 kernel).  I
know on other models it's a USB device, which should work better.

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu