Re:

On Friday 29 October 2004 07:00 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Alvin Smith <email@alvinsmith.com> writes:
> > On Friday 29 October 2004 02:32 pm, garry waddington wrote:
> >> please help I have formatted my cf62 laptop to put w98 se on it wont let
> >> me boot up please help
> >
> > boot w98 cd to command prompt.  run fdisk /mbr.
>
> Can we avoid outright destructive suggestions, even if they are
> windroids, please?
I am afraid I do not know what you are talking about sir, nor do I think you
do either.  If someone had presumably installed Linux on their laptop, then
decided to format it to install windows and it did not boot, then one reason
would be that the master boot record needs to be re-written.  No destructive
intent.  Sorry if I upset you.

peace,
--
Alvin Smith