Re: Question about Nvidia on my Toshiba

Rony wrote:

Okay, can startx now and I have other question. From the Sarge package
list, I can see a package called [nvidia-kernel-2.4.27-1-686] but I
cannot find similar package for kernel 2.6. I'm using 2.6.7 kernel. Is
the Nvidia driver supported internally by the 2.6 kernel? From
Section "Device"
    Identifier    "nVidia Corporation NV17 [GeForce4 420 Go]"
    Driver        "nv"
    BusID        "AGP:01:00:0"
    Option        "NoDCC" "1"
    Option        "IgnoreEDID" "1"

Please advice. Thx in advance.

- Rony -

It is quite easy to install nvidia driver for Debian:

Or check my other posts I sent recently give the steps to do this.