Re: Netgear Wg511 "debian way" for wireless confiuration

Quick answer from someone with wireless (though not yours and not 'g'):

wireless-tools should be enough

After that 'iwconfig' should show your wireless device, at which point you can configure it by adding it to /etc/network/interfaces (See 'man interfaces').

-Tom