Oregon Scientific PDA

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the best list for this, but I thought I'd try and see what I could find out...

I've been given an Oregon Scientific PD283 "PDA" (really more of a glorified personal organiser) as a belated birthday present, and of course the CD supplied with it is supposed to contain software to synchronise it with your PC/laptop. Unfortunately, the CD is blank, and even if it wasn't, it's only for Windows, which I don't have...

Anyway, it uses a 9 pin serial connection to synchronise and I can get some responses from it with Minicom when I activate the PC link on the PDA.

Has anyone ever seen one of these work with Debian (or Linux in general) or can suggest any packages I can try to see if I can get some sort of synchronisation happening?

I know this is a long shot, but I won't know if I don't try...

Oh, and Googling doesn't reveal much either, which is why I'm not very optimistic about a solution.

Pete