Tools to handle ACPI events?

Howdy all...

Ever since switching from APM to ACPI on my Dell Inspiron, none of the events seem to do anything anymore. If I close the lid and open it, the screen doesn't come back. The Fn-Esc ("Suspend") doesn't do anything at all, etc.

I delved into the /etc/acpi directory and found a script and acpid config file, but there was nothing in there for handling common suspend/standby/resume issues like resetting the system clock from the hardware clock... or getting the GUI back on its feet, etc.

First: Am I missing something here? Is there some Debian package that's supposed to have a bunch of handlers for lid-close/open, or other standby/resume issues?

If not, I'm going to start working on a set of scripts/tools to handle all of this well. Does anybody have any scripts they've already written that I should start with? Anybody else want to help?

- Joe

--
When freedom gives way to tyranny, it is not because tyranny comes
dressed as a wolf. Rather, it comes dressed as a shepherd,