Re: Dell 600m suspend ** fixed? **

Hello Matt,

There are two independant software 'suspend' (ala suspend to disk)
modules in rescent kernels (read 2.6) - swsusp and pm_disk. You could
read the documentation in power/swsusp.txt (kernel docs) for more
information. In two words - by using /sys/power/state you are trying to
use pm_disk, and swsusp by using /proc/acpi/sleep. I'm still using
swsusp (success on my IBM Thinkpad R40, unstable) and waiting for
swsusp2 (swsusp.sf.net) to appear in mm tree (which looks promising).
Hope this helped somehow.

Martin Spasov <mspasov@techno-link.com>