Re: kernel 2.6.x compile guides

On 17 Aug 2004, Jeff Avveduti wrote:
> I have looked around and found a few guides but not much luck.
> anyone have a 2.6.x compile guide that worked for them?

Just to compile it, or to make it work afterwards?

To just compile it, install `kernel-package', download the source into
/usr/src/linux, run 'make menuconfig' there, then run 'make-kpkg
binary'.

To make it work, make sure you have 'module-init-tools' installed, which
is about the only thing that will stop you booting if you miss it.

   Daniel
--
A large number of installed systems work by fiat.
That is, they work by being declared to work.