Re: Inspiron 8200 Alsa Problems

dircha wrote:

You didn't mention it, so I'll ask. I have an Inspiron 8200 as well, and I'm running a self-compiled 2.6.7 kernel. Have you tried just the simple route of running alsaconf? alsaconf successfully configures my sound without a problem.

I did, as that has worked as well as you describe in the past for me also. However now after I select the intel8x0 driver it attempts to use alsamixer to raise the volume and I get a device not found error and nothing further happens.

However I am much more hopeful now, at least there's someone with the same computer in a working configuration. Did you compile ALSA from the source shipped with the kernel or from the alsa-source package?

Thanks,

MBG

--
Matthew Guenther
Mechanical Engineering Graduate Researcher