Re: Probleme woody to sid

Mohammed SLIMANI wrote:

Hello, I am new in Linux, I installed debian woody 3.0r2, and with a lot of difficulty I managed to make work my connection ADSL, then I wanted to pass to SID because I use my pc as workstation (a compaq evo n1020v) and the graphic packages of the woody is very old, so I edited the file /etc/apt/sources.list to change the woody by sid (I left the security line) then I have make:

apt-get update

it connects, and it begins downloading... after it stops with an error like : */E: Error while processing packages xxxx/*

I do not know what to do, please help me, and sorry for my English is too bad :)

What there exactly the allert message ?
Have you change the apt.conf ( cf :

APT::Default-Release "testing";
APT::Cache-Limit 10000000;
Apt::Get::Purge; )

the preferences (cf:

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 990

Package: *
Pin: release a=apt-build
Pin-Priority: 990

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 9999

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 01

Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 05 )

and uncoment or commet, yout sources List (cf:

#sources.list free2.org GPL

#l'ordre de ces lignes est important dans le cas de 2 packages ayant la même priorité

#http://www.fr.debian.org/mirror/list
#utiliser les paquets apt-spy et netselect pour choisir le miroir le plus rapide
#ftp.fr.debian.org

# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.

# Security updates for "stable"
deb http://security.debian.org/ woody/updates main contrib non-free

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-1 (20021218)]/ unstable contrib main non-U
S/contrib non-US/main
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-3 (20021218)]/ unstable contrib main non-U
S/contrib non-US/main
# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 r1 _Woody_ - Official i386 Binary-2 (20021218)]/ unstable contrib main non-U
S/contrib non-US/main

# Sources
# deb-src http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

# Testing
deb http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/pub/debian-non-US testing/non-US main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src ftp://boisson.homeip.net/source ./

# BitTorent
# deb http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bittorrent/bittorrent_3.4.2-1_all.deb

# Sources
# deb-src http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
# deb-src http://ftp2.fr.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

# Experimental
# deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free # deb-src http://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main contrib non-free
(...)
a part of it... :)! )

It's all that i see, sorry :(!
And in more i'm in testing and almost newbie

If it may have help

Mi