Re: OT: Battery dead?

Christoph Loeffler wrote:

Hello,

i am using a HP Omnibook 4150b (P3 650, 256MB RAM) with Debian Sarge. Ok, my battery is not new, but it did about 20 min. Always enough to unplug it from AC and walk to balcony...

Today i unplugged it and it just shut down, i booted again and the klaptopdaemon says "Plugged in - 0% charged (0:00 time left)".

The charging LED blinks, but the % charged does not change. It seems, that it does not charge anymore. I found some tools from HP and some tool which is called REVITA.COM but they are all for Windows or DOS. The tools are supposed to calibrate battery or set it in a state, where it can be charged again.

As i do not have a floppy i can not boot DOS from a some floppy. Is there also such a tool which works with linux?

Greetings
Chris

Hi,

I have one of the same laptop's.

I have about 4 batt's that have the same problem as you... two of which no longer even blink/charge or get detected... i have heard about the program you said, i tried it on my batt's when i ran windows but it didnt work for me... i dont think there is one for linux, i dunno if emulating it would work ? (wine).

If that dont work it's proberly time for a replacement batt :) i think they are still around on ebay.. and a few sites.

oh also try the other bay, as i had a mate who's batt would only change in the one that holds the CD-rom... something wrong with the motherboard i think he said. just a thought though...

Just my 2$ hope it helps....

Bye...
Grant.