Re: Network Profiles

Karl wrote:

Hi!

Does anyone know how to configure different network profiles with Debian?
Are there any tools how to do this?

I need to configure eth0 (WLan) and eth1 (normal) to accomplish:

Profile at home: eth0: don't start up or at least don't use DHCP
          eth1: start with DHCP

Profile at work: eth0: start up with DHCP and use iwconfig (IPW2100) to configure WLan using a special encryption key and open authentification (to make it work, I had to run iwconfig myself...)
         eth1: do nothing (alternatively start with DHCP)

Tnx a lot!

 Karl

I'm also trying to built an home network, and need to create eth1, cause actually i'v got only eth0 ;(! When I'll have bought a new lan card, i'll try to set the network around the ethernet hub, i just got!
My /etc/network is :

mezig@box:/etc/network$ less interfaces
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading

auto iface lo eth0 eth0:home

iface lo inet loopback

iface eth0 inet dhcp
#       address 82.226.31.88
#       netmask 255.255.255.0
#       Bcast:82.226.31.255

#mapping eth0
#                   script /usr/local/sbin/map-scheme.sh
#                   map HOME eth0-home
#                   map WORK eth0-work

iface eth0:home inet static
        address 192.168.0.254
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
#                  up cp /etc/network/resolv.conf.home /etc/resolv.conf
#                   up flush-mail

#             iface eth0-work inet dhcp

#127.0.0.1       box Mezig_Home

mezig@box:/etc/network$