Re: Installing Debian on ASUS

* Sigit Basuki Wibowo:

> I wanted to install Debian on my Laptop (ASUS L2000)
> but I had problem. After booting from Debian CD, the
> appearance on the screen was quite strange. The
> problem was the two or three last lines appeared on
> the top of the screen. Anyway, I insisted to install
> it. I succeeded, but the problem still existed.
> Anybody could help me ?

Take a look at <http://tuxmobil.org/asus.html>. There are several
installation reports for your model. Your problem is also described
here: http://helmsdeep.net/capn-k/?sub=linux&id=asus-laptop

One solution seems to be using 'video=vga16:off' as boot parameter.

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.