Re: Thinkpad R50 - NetInstall -> no shutdown / ACPI

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 17:34 +0200, Karl wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just installed Debian on my Thinkpad R50 using the new Debian Installer
> and installing over the net.
>
> Installed Kernel is 2.6.6-1. Quite everything works fine, but not ACPI.
>
> Worst thing is, that when I shutdown the laptop, it is not switched off,
> just the display goes dark, I have to switch it off manually.
>
> Any ideas? Or a HowTo I did not find?

Yes, I have the same laptop and this is a problem for me as well.  It
seems that ACPI doesn't quite get all the way there.

I think that when I used APM it worked, but for myself I am using ACPI
anyway because in fact I only very rarely shut it down.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
                       You fill a much-needed gap.