Genius Wireless Mouse problem [was: Problems with USB in my Acer Travelmate]

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 04:33:25AM -0700, Aitor Garcia wrote:
> Yes. Genius Wireless Mouse (KYE Wireless Webscroll+
> NBEye). Although I have also tried with Logitech
> USB mouse with no success.
[...]
> I have not found /proc/bus/input/ in the directory
> /proc/bus.

I'm sorry, my fault. /proc/bus/input/devices is a 2.6 only file.

Anyway, please take a look at the following link and prepare to rebuild
your kernel :)
http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x194.html

[...]
> #
> # USB Human Interface Devices (HID)
> #
> CONFIG_USB_HID=y
>
> #
> #     Input core support is needed for USB HID input layer or HIDBP support
> #
> CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y

according to the above howto this latter option should not be enabled,
disable it and rebuild.

hth
--
mattia