Re: Problems with USB in my Acer Travelmate

Aitor Garcia wrote:

I am having problems with  USB in my ACER Travelmate
291 I have Debian 3.0r2 instaled in my laptop.

I have read in
http://david.dpitts.com/archives/000012.html that this
is a problem with the BIOS. Some have overcome the problem switching off the BIOS Plug&Play OS Setting to No. But my BIOS menu does not have this option to switch
it off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

I had a similar problem with a HP laptop I had. I knew the USB worked as the Laptop had Winblows on it when I got it, but I couldn't for the life of me get it to work in linux. Know what I did? Upgraded to kernel 2.6. Now I can't guarantee that it'll fix your problem, but in my mind it's better to have the latest kernel, as it's more likely to have the support in it.

Hope thats of some help

Cheers

David
--