Re: tape drives part 2

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 02:24:36PM -0700, Mark Barnes wrote:

> I use a Seagate travan IDE tape drive running on an old linux box to back
> up my laptop over the network.  Works fine.  Yes, the tapes are expensive.
> So far, they've been reliable.  I don't have any experience using amanda
> or any of the other backup packages.  I use tar.  Good luck.

i use amanada daily to backup about 15 machines on debian, redhat and
freebsd.

its ideal to daily dumps, but may be configured to do full weekely
backups of, say a laptop, too.

you just need to create another profile, to backup the laptop.

cheers,

Kim Hawtin
IT Systems Administrator      .''`.
Ratbag                        : :' :