tape drives part 2

Hello all,

I've already posted about this a few weeks ago. I recently lost a 60 GB hard
drive, so now, I'm really steering away from hard drives and going to tape
drives, when it's about backing up data. FYI, my server is a laptop running
debian, no SCSI, just USB.

I've seen Travan drives from Seagate, they're USB 2.0. The unit is cheap
($250) and tapes are pricey ($3.80/GB). Has anybody used this product ? Is
it good ? Anybody has tape drives for linux ? Would amanda do the job for
periodic backups ? Are there better alternatives ?

Thanks everybody !

--Stéphane