Re: [solved] Re: low runtime with acer travelmate 290lci (centrino)

Am Sonntag, 27. Juni 2004 22:32 schrieb Joan Tur:
> Es Diumenge 27 Juny 2004 19:51, en Sebastian Mangelkramer va escriure:
> | but not the f****** micro$oft optical mouse.
> | i can`t belive this but if the mouse ist unplugged the runtime increase
> | up about nearly 30%
>
> Strange...

This sounds very strange. It`s a M$ Optical Laptop Mouse. I could live without
it...

> | now with tmpfs for /tmp, modified syslog and hdd-spindown the battery
> | will make more than one hour ... . (the laptop is up for 2h now and the
> | battery shows 49% power.)
>
> That's the normal -depending on use, of course-... 4 to 4:40h  ;)
Hope, i will reach this times with my battery.

> About tmpfs... would you like to mail me your config in order for me to add
> it to the Acer 29X site ??  8-?

Here`s the config:

Kernel 2.6.7 (pachted from 2.6.6 to 2.6.7) with tmpfs support:
# .config
CONFIG_TMPFS=y

# /etc/fstab
tmpfs   /tmp    tmpfs   size=128m       0       0

Beware of unmount this partition. all data is stored in ram an will be lost in
case of unmounting  the tmpfs.

My syslog is nearly turned off, like described on your webpage.

> | > I don't know what can be the probem, but you can have a look at the
> | > following link for help:
> | >
> | > http://perso.wanadoo.es/jtur/AcerTM290/acertravelmate290.html
> |
> | thank you for the good tip !
>
> You're welcome  ;)
For all Centrino-Users:

The latest version of the IPW2100 driver (centrino wlan) works very well, even
with wep support.

Sebastian Mangelkramer

Ebertplatz 8
D-78467 Konstanz