Re: acpi_power_off hangs

Jorge Filipe Custódio wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm currently running debian (testing) with kernel 2.6.6 on my toshiba
laptop. My laptop doesn't have APM support, so I have to use ACPI, and
since kernel 2.6.5 I can't turn off or reboot the machine normally,
because it hangs when calling "acpi_power_off" and I have to press the
power button for 3-5 seconds.
Anyone with the same problem ? Any ideia how to fix it ?

Thanks,
Hi,
I have got the same problem with my sony vaio laptop using debian on a 2.6.6. kernel.
I got the same problem with  my   Mandrake 9.2.

But, I don't know why !!

Olivier