Re: java on sid

Frank Boerner wrote:
Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 10. Juni 2004 18:49 schrieb James:

Hello,

I have a mpeg4 camera (jvc vn-c11u) that streams video to a mozilla
web browser, via java plugins. It works great on a woody portable:

Blackdown Java-Linux Java(TM) Plug-in 1.3.1_02b is the magic with
mozilla 1.0.0-0.woody on the woody portable.

as the plugin works fantastic. I cannot get java with web plugins to
work with mozilla on sid.

I add this line to my /etc/apt/sources.list file on the sid portable:

deb http://www.tux.org/pub/java/debain sid main non-free

and it allows me to install:
j2sdk1.3-doc
j2se-common
j2se-dummy
j2se-package
java-common
java2-common
java2html

on the sid portable. Viewing the video stream with mozilla(1.6.7)
does not work on this sid portable?

on the woody portable all is fine. Any ideas what package I missed?
Patch? Workaround?

Try this:

deb http://jrfonseca.dyndns.org/debian ./

This j2sdk is compiled with gcc3.2 and it works under sid

On my woody portable that works, all 'dpkg -l' reveals is:
j2re1.3        1.3.1.02b-2    Blackdown Java(TM) 2 Runtime
j2se-common    1.1            Common facilities for all Java2 Standard
java-common    0.14           Base of all Java packages

under mozilla <help><about plugins> it list many things for blackdown
"application/x-java-vm" is most important.

When the video is streaming in, and I look at top, 3 'java-vm' sessions are running and using most of the processor..

So I'm guessing I missing support for these things. It is closer to working, because I'm now getting the little java-applet popup menus working on the sid portable, and I can make changes via this java popups. I can see a still image, but when I select the streaming feed, it give the infamous broken puzzle symbol in a grey box with no image or streaming image....

When I check the <help><about plugins> on the sid portable theres lots of mpeg4 modules but nothing about 'java-vm'

Ideas on what I missed?

James