Re: Console does not display all the lines

On Monday 31 May 2004 22:43, Marvin Aguero wrote:
> I have downloaded the boot.img and root.img floppy images.
> Do I have to download the CD image as well?

> It looks to me that it's trying to download the different components off
> the network, not from the CD. At this moment I don't have a permanent
> internet connection. :-(

Yes, that's correct if you're using the floppies. It needs to get the
different components of the installation system.

If you download the 100MB netinst CD image, you don't need the internet during
installation. Although you would need the network to get any additional
packages after the installation.

There also are jigdo CD images available of the new installer, but these
haven't been completely tested yet.

> I see that this installation process has changed quite a bit. I still have
> the problem seeing fewer lines on my console. :'-(

Yes it has, and also the hardware support has improved a lot.
I had hoped the new installer wouldn't have your display problem. Would you
consider sending an installation report on this [1]?

Maybe the new installer isn't worth the trouble for you. I saw another
suggestion on the list how to fix your problem with the Woody installation.

Good luck on getting Debian installed...

[1] Details on how to send an installation report are here:
    http://www.nl.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template